Monkey man has been practicing writing his first name in various ways. We’ve used paint, crayons, a simple spiral notebook, his chalkboard, his dry erase board and the list goes on. Since we are in 12 days of Christmas I decided we should include his name. Plus, what four year old doesn’t like seeing their name posted on the wall.
You don’t need much for this craft, which is why I love it. It is simple, yet entertaining.
- copy, printer, or construction paper (this will be used for the name writing)
- a Santa hat template (we used one from this site, they also have lots of other really cool coloring pages)
- markers, crayons or paint (whatever you want to use for name creation)
- wanna make the background of your name even more festive, grab some scrap wrapping paper
- grab any other beautiful embellishments you have and get crafting!
Because Monkey man has been free handing his name a lot lately I decided to write his name in pencil and have him trace it anyway he wanted. He chose green marker. I used red marker for mine, and the big kid decided on multiple colors for hers.
After you have printed your Santa hat, cut it out and paste it on top of the name. If you tilt the hat over the first letter of the name it looks like the name is wearing the hat. Pretty neat. My next step was gluing my name on some Christmas tree wrapping paper. Monkey decided to cut some shapes, when I blinked Mikky was finished.
Take a look at my finished product!