Alright so I think I have figured out what I want to do as far as our cloth diaper stash is concerned. I have already ordered and received diapers from Kawaii Baby. All of Kawaii Baby’s diapers are pockets, which is great because I would like use them as a cover around the house and as all in ones for nap time. These diapers are getting really good reviews and are extremely affordable. See for yourself.
Kawaii Diaper’s website: theluvyourbaby.com
Great forum post showing the fit of various Kawaii Baby diaper styles on newborns
Review of multiple Kawaii Diaper styles
Side by Side Comparison of Available Styles:
After researching various cloth diaper packages available at numerous online boutiques I have decided that the ThanksMama.com Deluxe Newborn Cloth Diaper Package is similar to what I would like to have in a newborn stash. Luckily I have a sewing machine and fabric is cheap.
This package comes with:
- 8 preemie unbleached Indian Cotton prefolds I have 20 ordered from Cottonbabies.com (Free Shipping without restrictions)
- 6 Kissaluvs size 0 unbleached fitted diapers Making my 12 of own one size contours
- 2 Kissaluvs Hybrid One Size unbleached contours Also making 12 infant size prefolds
- 6 extra small BumGenius All-in-One diapers Might make a few of these depending on leftover fabric
- 5 newborn size Kushies Ultra All-in-One diapers
- 2 size 1 Bamboozles
- 1 newborn size white Prorap Classic diaper cover Ordered 4 newborn size Litewrap diaper covers from Cottonbabies.com
- 1 newborn size white Bummis Super Whisper Wrap
- 1 newborn size white Bummis Whisper Pant
- 1 small size Polar BummisPlanning on making 4 one size covers out of cotton fabric purchased at Walmart.
- 1 newborn size white Imse Vimse Organic Cotton diaper cover
- 1 newborn size white Bumkins diaper coverPlanning on making 4 one size covers out of fleece purchased at Hancock Fabrics
- 1 medium Bummis tote
- 1 extra large purple Bummis tote
- 25 Kissaluvs Knit Terry wipes Making my own out of fabric scraps. I want to make a total of 32.
In addition to the notes listed next to the package I have ordered 3 Kawaii Pure and Natural diapers, 3 one size Kawaii Fun Prints, 3 Kawaii Snazzy Minky’s, and 3 Kawaii Heavy Duty diapers. The Kawaii Pure and Natural diapers are ment for newborns up to 22 pounds, all of the others are one size fits most starting at 8 pounds. The Kawaii Fun Prints run small so they may also fit a newborn better than the bigger one size diapers.